Important Information Regarding COVID-19
New Health & Safety Policies:
You may be wondering what precautions we are taking to ensure your safety. We have developed new health & safety policies, summarized in the 10-point plan below. While your appointment process may look a little different, don’t worry, we have always been on the front lines of preventing the spread of diseases!
- Pre-screening appointment phone call: the office will be calling with pre-screening questions to make sure the patient’s household has been free of COVID-19 symptoms for at least the last 2 weeks. Please see the questionnaire here, “Patient Advisory and Acknowledgment“
- We kindly ask each patient to come in by themselves or to bring only his/her chaperone (e.g. no siblings, guests etc).
- All individuals entering our office must be wearing a face covering/mask. Patients will have their temperature taken with a no-touch forehead thermometer before entering the clinic area.
- Our waiting room will look different: we have an air purifier (HEPA filter with UV light) to clean the air. There will be no toys, magazines, pens, and monthly contests. Waiting room chairs will be placed six feet apart. We ask chaperones to stay 6 feet apart or to stay in their vehicle.
- The reception desk will have hand sanitizer and a sneeze-guard.
- Appointments will be booked with only one patient/household in the entire office at a time. Please make sure you are not excessively late/early to your appointment.
- Frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, chairs, desks and bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected after EACH patient.
- Toothbrush stations are temporarily closed. Please make sure you brush before your appointment.
- As usual, all staff will be wearing appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). There will be an air purifier (HEPA filter with UV light) in the treatment area to clean the air.
- Some appointments, like growth observation, retainer checks, Invisalign, etc. can be conducted virtually. This will not only save you a trip, it promotes social distance. Our office will contact you in advance if this is an option.
Rest assured Dr. Shinmachi will be following any recommended precautions to treat all orthodontic patients safely. Please do not hesitate to contact the office to discuss any questions you may have about our new health and safety policies. I sincerely look forward to seeing you again very soon!