Your First Orthodontist Visit
We would love to welcome you to our office to find out how easy it is to get the smile you always wanted. Our consultations are always complimentary! Our objective is to give you a clear understanding of your treatment options and for you to feel comfortable with our the doctor and team.
During the first visit we will:
- Give you a tour of the office
- Review your health history forms
- Do a complete orthodontic exam
- Summarize your orthodontic problems
- Explain your orthodontic treatment options
- Identify the best time to begin treatment
- Estimate how long treatment will be
- Let you how much treatment will cost and your payment options
If your child is not ready for orthodontic treatment, we offer free observation consultations to monitor your child’s jaw growth and dental development. This is our Mint Kid’s Club program.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any x-rays (if applicable) and referral letter (if applicable)
- A list of medications you are presently taking
- Completed online or printed patient registration forms
- Your insurance information
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, et cetera).
Diagnostic Records & Treatment Planning
If it is determined that treatment is indicated, you will be scheduled to finish your diagnostic records. For your convenience, we can often take all the necessary diagnostic records at this first appointment. These records usually consist of study models, diagnostic photographs and orthodontic x-rays. The next steps will be to set up the necessary appointments to begin your orthodontic treatment and set up financial arrangements for you!